Sunday, November 28, 2004

Don't it make my brown eyes blue

The Little Warrior hit the 11th month mark today. He also graduated from baby to toddler (since he's walking.) Big changes at Casa Tinsley. Wyatt walking turns our crazy level to 11. Wyatt can freely roam the house - and does - getting into everything. He likes to disappear when the rest of the Team is in the family room, usually heading straight for Suki's (the cat) food bowl. He likes to play with the pieces, while eating a bite or two. With the Christmas tree now up ($5 bucks says it gets knocked over at least once before Santa comes to town,) well it is as I've said, crazy. This is especially true for my Lovely Bride who is on call 24/7. If you have Carter on your X-Mas list and need a gift idea. I got one word. Valium.

To quote Ferris Bueller.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." Amen Brother Ferris. Dig this.

A week or so ago, Carter had a few of the ladies from her Bunco (read: Drunco) posse over to our house for a Friday night Pizza fiesta. Boy(s) gone wild. All the ladies have Boy(s). We had five Boy(s) ranging from 4 months to nearly 3 years running amok in our casa. A few of the Mommy's made the comment that the Little Warrior was looking a lot more like his Big Brother. We've (me and the Bride) have always thought they looked a lot alike. Others, have said the same, but I think for most, the eyes threw them. Ethan has dark brown eyes. Wyatt hazel. Windows to the soul - or some such shit, many couldn't get past the notable difference.

A day or so after the Pizza fiesta, I was doing something with the Little Warrior and noted that his hazel eyes were darker than normal. Curious, since he was wearing a blue top. The Little Warrior's eyes have been like a mood ring, changing with the color of his clothes. Carter's eyes are hazel. Her youngest brother, Wren also has the same eyes. Same deal for my Pop, the Boy(s) Pops...hazel. We assumed Wyatt's eyes would be hazel. Then I noticed that his eyes looked dark, almost brown another time and BAM - the comments from the Pizza fiesta hit me. Were Wyatt's eyes changing color? The instruction manual (What to Expect - The First Year) says that it could be up to a year for a baby's eye color to manifest. Ethan's were brown by six months. Thus, we had just assumed that Wyatt's eyes were hazel since that is what they were at six months.

Both Tinsley Boy(s) at the 11 Month mark. WT top. ET bottom.

It now seems that he might in fact be turning brown eyed, which is bittersweet for me. You see, I liked Wyatt having a different eye color than his Big Brother, and me for that matter. Different is good, not to mention the fact that they were the same as his Mom's (my Pops, Wren, etc.) eyes so we had more genes from the pool on the dance floor. The thing that is sweet about it all though - and on the 11 month mark none the less, the surprise.

Wyatt being the 2nd - you've seen the development stuff before. That doesn't diminish any of it. Same as you like a blue sky, sunny day the first, second, third, etc. time you see it. The stuff isn't as surprising the second time around is the point.

The Little Warrior threw me a curve ball with that this week. I actually got out the instruction manual for only the second time since since December 28, 2003. I had that damn book out weekly with Ethan. Silly as that may sound, or seem, I dug it real hard.

Until I BLOG again...Peace

No comments: