Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Bother me tomorrow...

Wyatt Carter Tinsley a.k.a. The Little Warrior is 1 year old today. I think I'm turning into Jerr (read: my dad), not in the Freaky Friday sense, in the "blink your eyes" and time passes sense. That's what he always said...and as usual, he was right. I can very well remember when Ethan was the same age as Wyatt. Now, he (read: Ethan) is fast approaching 3, and the Little Warrior is ONE YEAR OLD.

Blink your eyes with me. A year in the review. A cold sunday night. About 9pm. A fast approaching 2 Ethan is night night. My Lovely (but uptight) Bride is taking down our Christmas tree. Nesting as they say in the books. Having been there, done this, I got that, and decided to try and get a little sleep. In bed, unable to sleep, watching I Spy, a bad movie, but a memorable one because Carter's water broke while on a ladder in our front room. Gushed is how she stated it. So much so that she felt she needed to shower as we waited for Mimi and Papa (read: Linda and Buddy) to come over and stay with Ethan when we went to the hospital. I had heard, the second kid always comes FAST. Don't dick around. Go to the hospital. I tried to tell Carter to forget about the shower. She was about to have a baby, and well taking a shower before that is sort of like making your bed five minutes before you are going to go to sleep. Alas, she didn't listen and before she was OUT of the shower was having some MAJOR contractions. Worse than she ever experienced with Ethan. With the Elder Boy we went to the hospital around 8pm on January 16, and he arrived around 7am on January 17. The point: it took a LONG time. Wyatt. We rolled into the hospital at 10:45pm...hit the room around 11:30pm, and he was there by 2am. Carter went from a 3 to an 8 in 30 minutes. We'd always heard that if you got beyond an 8 you couldn't get the epidural. Don't believe the hype. Not true. Carter got one in time. Actually I shouldn't write that - she did go to an 8 before she had any drugs, so went through some pretty good labor. That all went down a year ago today. Blink your eyes again, please.

Today, we went to the Dallas Zoo. Team Tinsley in full force. Wyatt is walking. Talking (his own language of course.) And, ever the true little Warrior, doing his famous war cry. I wish you could have all seen him in the goat pen at the kiddy part of the zoo. No fear, walking around and up to the goats trying to wrestle them to the ground (like he would Suki, our cat) - screeching that one and only war cry. He's amazing.

Wyatt and Ethan are without a doubt, the best thing that has ever happened to me. We (me and My Lovely Bride, who is a close second in the best thing) are truly, doubly blessed.

So, as I started this here BLOG, and for those versed in CCR:
Bother me tomorrow, today, I'll buy no sorrows.

Until I BLOG again...Happy Birthday Wy, Daddy loves you.

No comments: