Wednesday, March 23, 2005

But, I'm funny how?

The Elder Boy fashions himself a comedian. I've BLOGGED before on his sense of comedy, which never ceases to amaze me. It is fun to watch him be funny. Case in point.

Casa Tinsley, the dinner table. The Team sans Dad (that's me) had made a trip to the creek to see the turtles. We hadn't had rain in the Messoplex for some time, thus the creek was stagnate. Gross. That Indian Chief cat was on the bridge with a tear in his eye kind of dirty. My Lovely Bride commented on how foul the water was, and that the poor turtles were so foul that their shells were dirty. As Carter is telling the story dinner is pretty quiet - Ethan is minding his business and messing with his food. The Little Warrior is devouring whatever is in front of him. At the shells being dirty part, Ethan pops up with a glint in his eye and starts singing a few lines from the, so good they made it into a movie song. The one and only Car Wash. The only time that I've been exposed to Ethan hearing that song was during the less than stellar Shark Tale. There is a bastardized version of that song in this movie. The main fish character (Wil Smith) works at a 'whale' wash.

There lies the impetus for E's joke, which along with his delivery (he did this little hand pump dance thing with an eye roll move as he sang) made me laugh. When he saw that I found it funny, he then repeated the little song with body language and cracked up at himself. Then, and this is my favorite part, he punctuated it all with his version of an amen: that's funny. He nearly always says that when something makes him laugh and or he trots out a joke.

Warning: Gratuitous Parent Praise - I know, every parent thinks their kid is a genius...yet here I go playing the part.
Ethan only saw Shark Tale (It sucked) once (maybe twice) before we sent it back to Netflix. It wasn't like the Pecan Movie, where we watched it over and over, and could act it out in a Team Tinsley production. Ethan hadn't seen it in weeks either, when he used it for the above joke. As Kenny told Seinfeld, on Seinfeld: Genius!

Until I BLOG again...Sing it with feelin', ya'all

No comments: