Tuesday, December 19, 2006

There is no way to hide

Oh, irony, you sadistic mind fucker. How you love to push my buttons. How you must have loved seeing me sitting on that crappy exercise bike on the third floor of the Hampton Inn preparing to exercise in the hope of burning through some of my Mom's memorial morning anxiety. The look on my face must have been Mastercard priceless as I turned the television on and realized that not only was Four Weddings and a Funeral on TV, but that it was nearly time for the funeral scene. Seriously. Three hours before my Mom's Memorial. How do these things happen? It truly is stranger than fiction, in fact, I could never even make this up, I'm not that clever. The same way I'd never have thought to cue the irony and have the dog die this past September. Genius. Cruel, sure, but genius never the less. Just like having Field of Dreams on HBO upon my return from the Memorial trip, one movie that always makes me cry, hard.

I thought that might be the coup de grĂ¢ce. As usual, I was wrong. That happened this morning. I was stuck at a light for nearly 30 minutes because of an accident. I was listening to my iPod. It was set to play my Houston Roadtrip mix on shuffle mode. There are 57 songs in this mix. This fine morning, stuck at the light, in the driving rain, Do You Realize?? was song 50. In My Life was 51. Back to back. The same order as in the slideshow I did for Mom's memorial. The same slideshow in which the Elder Boy, at a table in front of so many who were there to pay tribute to his Granny, became overcome with his grief. It was gut wrenching to see such pain.

I'm not sure how this all works. How it happens. If I'm looking for meaning in coincidence? Or is it something more and I'm such a dumbass I don't get the bigger picture because I'm unable to let go of all the junk in my head and heart? Like two of the character in the movie Raising Arizona say:

"It's a crazy world."
"Someone oughta sell tickets."
"I'd buy one."

Indeed.

Until I BLOG again...Don't let it beat you, say 'nice to meet you' and bye

No comments: