Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Destroy the Devil!

Even though we had some tough moments on our recent journey from whence I came, the trip overall was by no know means an abject failure. Me and the Boy(s) had some great times. One of the cool things we did on the first leg of our trip was drive down memory lane, so to speak, in my home town of Sand Springs. I even took the Boy(s) to the cemetery to see my Grandpa's grave. Granny too. Pops and Old Granny had spread a few of her ashes there this past fall.

Standing around, reading what E called the stories on the headstones, I pointed out the house that used to be, for me, my old home on Garfield street. The Elder Boy was duly impressed. Mainly by the fact that his Dad was once brave enough to live in such close proximity to a graveyard. You see, Dear Reader, when the Elder Boy asked what was at the cemetery, I told him headstones and dead people. Not the smartest move. E has seen most of Pirates of the Caribbean, and I think the Boy imagined the graveyard full of skeletons every full moon. Which is my fault. My Lovely Bride is correct, there are movies that are not age appropriate. Please don't judge me to hard though, mainly because I think you'll want to judge me much harder a bit later in this here BLOG entry.

The second leg of the Mr. Mom Tour found me and the Boy(s) in Norman, Oklahoma. We stayed with our dear friends, The Mears Clan. We always have a grand time when we visit the Mears Clan, but this time was a bit more memorable for one reason. Guitar Hero II. Sweet Mother of all that is good, that game is glorious. The Boy(s) were hooked from the get go. The played it every chance they could get Saturday, and then started out early on Sunday AM. In fact, while My Lovely Bride was doing the church thing on Sunday morning, the Boy(s), under my tutelage, were rocking (hard) to Shout at the devil. Seriously. Of all the songs on Guitar Hero II, that was their favorite. Strutter by Kiss was a close second.
Photo Hosted at BuzznetPhoto Hosted at Buzznet

We don't have Guitar Hero II at Casa Tinsley. My Lovely Bride is against video games. I'm hoping we can cure her of that prejudice come Christmas. That is why I was taken aback when the Elder Boy, apropos of nothing, informed me at dinner the week after our trip that he loved Destroy the devil.

Excuse me?

I thought maybe he had learned or heard something in Sunday school? Or his dayschool. The Little Warrior quickly shot that down though, with his resounding, YEAH!

"You mean Shout at the devil? The game we played at the Mears Clan?"

"YEAH!" came at me loud and in unison.

"You know Boy(s), Daddy has that song on his iPod."

After dinner, the Boy(s) spent a good 30 minutes playing Guitar Hero II sans the Guitar or the Hero. We listened to Shout at the devil 6 times back to back.

The coup de grĂ¢ce came this past Sunday. The Boy(s) decided to ride with me to church, quickly requesting Shout at the devil. Some might think that a bad song selection prior to church. Not me. I think it is hilarious.

Thus, Sunday morning coming down found me and the Boy(s) Shouting at the devil, rocking as we rolled into a very busy church parking lot.

Until I BLOG again...Shout at the devil!

No comments: