Sunday, February 29, 2004

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.



Simon and Garfunkel sang that one...when they were feeling groovy (read: stoned.) It is a nice thought for a Boy Named Stu, Father of Ethan and Wyatt, Husband of Carter. I have the hurry sickness something fierce, and fight it daily. I took S&G's advice on Friday. No, I didn't get STONED, I took a personal day off from work to spend with the family. Doing nothing. Hanging. Three day weekend. Go me! Nothing on the agenda other than spending time with Team Tinsley. I must say, it was quite nice. Boy #2 hit the 2 month mark on Saturday, and we celebrated by heading to Strollerbriar (a.k.a. Stonebriar) Mall. Just me and the Boys (and the beast stroller.) It went surprisingly smooth. Boy #1 rode the carousel. Dug it the most. Then had two cookies. Then hit the play area and ran amok. Sugar high. Had fun though. Boy #2 slept in the beast's belly (stroller) most of the time. I was a poster Dad for political correctness as we strolled up and down the mall - even hitting the 'family' lounge and bathroom where I fed Boy #2. I was amazed at how many looks I got at the mall (so many that I checked to make sure my fly was zipped, looked in a mirror to make sure Carter had not written "Dork" in sharpie on my massive forehead while I slept.) I guess a Dad sans a female at the Mall alone w/ two young children is not the norm? All the other Mom's would check me out when I walked by - give me a nice, encouraging, smile. A few nods, and one awe how sweet when I was feeding Boy #2 in the 'family' lounge. The best one though, was while I was on line at Starbucks (the boy had his sugar buzz, I needed my caffeine one.) A Mommy approached me and the Beast. She had the same Beast, albeit an older model. Her Beast lacked the back child tray thingy (where you can put cheerios, and other whatnot for the kiddies), it just had a bar. She asked, if I thought she could buy our type of tray as an attachment. I thought at first this was a rhetorical question (my social skills having suffered after being with two small children for such a long period), but I quickly recovered, and told her, I had no idea. I briefly considered selling our tray thingy for some 'fun' money, but quickly nixed that idea, figuring if one Mommy would get so jazzed about a tray thingy on the Beast, our Mommy (as in Carter) would feel the same way. I'd probably be in for a royal ass chewing if I sold it. So, I just looked at the Mommy, and let the conversation hang in silence...which brings us back to S&G -

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I�ve come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left it�s seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

Until I BLOG again. Bye.

No comments: