Thursday, February 05, 2004

I've become my father. Not in some Freaky Friday sort of way. In my actions. I walk around my house turning off lights. Closet lights. Bedroom lights. Bathroom lights. They always seem to be on in a part of the house that isn't occupied. I walk around and turn them off - just like my Dad did when I was a young-in living at home. Note to Pop: I 'so' get it. Funny how you don't get most things while you are getting them - I think this thought is summed up best by Norman Maclean in "A River Runs Through It" - great story - and movie adaption too. I think this might be in the movie and not the book actually - for those that are exacting. I paraphrase of course: Norman, you like to write. Yes, I do. Well maybe one day, when you are old, you can write our story. Only then will you understand.

Amen to that.

ANOTHER GREAT QUOTE...
Each one of here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing help, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.

Revealing note: This movie makes me tear up - every dang dog time I watch it - just about the time the good Rev. is saying the above quote.

Be Cool.


No comments: