Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Its so easy to fall in love - or so sang Buddy Holly (we're fast approaching the day the music died too - so light a candle, say a prayer) - but ain't so easy when two becomes four (two of which are under two.) Fuck me...I'm bad at math but that sounded like some kind of formula. I digress. Two moons ago - Boy #1 and Boy #2 had rough NIGHTS. Sniffles as they said on The Brady Bunch. Cold. Nothing major - knock on wood - but - Boy #2 was up until Turn Into Pumpkin Time - and then when he finally went down down - Boy #1 started moanin' the blues from his bed. I tried to ride him out - but alas, could not. Doped him up on some Bubble Gum Kiddie Tyenol - and we hit Sofa City (I was already there actually) where he laid on me and went back to sleep. So there we layed until about 3am at which time I put him back in bed. I then watched LOR: The Two Towers on Sofa City for about an hour - and then woke up around 6:00am and LOR: The Two Towers was just GOING off...Damn that's a long movie. 2 to 3 hours sleep on a Sunday night before a Monday Monday. Its so easy to fall in love - but sustaining it with the above going on action is tough. Thankfully Team Tinsley has a strong base - me and my Lovely (Bride) are rock solid which helps solider you through the rough times and really dig the good ones (which, by the way, far outnumber the bad - cup half full - NOT empty.)

So ends today's reflection. On the shallow surface, today January 26 was colder than a brewhaus' chichi - low 20s this AM when I walked Dog Dog. Froze me arse off actually - but Dog Dog needs her walk and my new strategy is to walk her in the AM so the rest of Team Tinsley don't have to worry about doing it later in the day. The challenge, other than dragging my ass out of bed, is Dog Dog (who is old) not forgetting that she has been walked! (insert laugh track.)

Until next time.
Peace.

No comments: