Saturday, December 18, 2004

I Want To Put On My My My My My

Saturday afternoon, My Lovely Bride needing some time to herself it was Dad and Lad(s) day. I was taking the Boy(s) to Steak n Shake, which is one of the Elder Boy's favorite places to eat. On the way there, I'm asking him what he wants to eat. We're in my ride, and on the CD player is one of my new mixes. I'm all about mixed cds. I'm a huge iTunes fanatic. Have over 2,000 songs on my iBook. Make mixed CDs all the time. The current one, playing was Ultimate Tape Mix #6. That's a Boogies Night thing. I'm a huge fan of that movie. One of my favorite parts is toward the end, when the drug deal goes bad for Dirk and his friends. The crazy Rahad cat listening to Sistern Christian and Jesse's Girl. His (Rahad's) tape is called Ultimate Tape Mix #6. Since I'm such a weirdo, I've also included a song from the soundtrack of Boogie Nights, on this mixed CD. KC and the Sunshine Band's Boogie Shoes. I figured Ethan would dig that song. His musical taste is developing, and he likes certain kinds of songs. I like to try and guess what songs he might like and put them on CDs. I figured he'd dig Boogie Shoes because of the horn part. He did.

SO - we're on our way to Steak n Shake, on about the fourth listen (in a row) of Boogie Shoes and...

ME: What do you want to eat at Steak n Shake.
Ethan: (Silience.)
ME: Do you want a strawberry shake?
Ethan: Yes.
ME: Do you want french fries?
Ethan: Yes, and crackers.
ME: Do you want chicken nuggets?
Ethan: No. I want...
ME: A hamburger?
Ethan: No I want...
ME: What?
Ethan: No I want...
ME: What!??!?!?
Ethan: to put on my my my my my boogie shoes.

I nearly had to pull over I was laughing so hard. Pretty damn funny for a nearly three year old.

Until I BLOG again...I want to it til the sun comes up.

No comments: