Thursday, February 24, 2005

How did I get here?

I've recently decided that my mid-life crisis (a few years prior to my big 4-0 which is par for my course, impatient, that's me) has it's very own soundtrack. A theme song if you will.

Remember that old Talking Heads song - probably more famous for the crazy ass video, than the actual song. Once In A Lifetime. David Byrne, the lead singer dressed up like some Buddy Holly impersonator, doing crazy hand jive-esque moves. Sweating - profusely.

I fear that is me Dear Reader. I'd BLOG more on it, but I'm still in my hole, so to speak, as in sick. Plus, if I BLOGGED it here for free, you wouldn't buy the book.

Until I BLOG again...same as it ever was...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found an interesting comment in a Time article this week, that fits nicely with your "well, how did I get here.." state of mind.

It's from none other than Clint Eastwood, who at 74 is still going stronger than ever:

"...you become what you become in life, and you don't sit and think about it. You just go ahead and do it."

Cut and paste link for the full article:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1029865,00.html

So trust Clint (and yourself) keep doing what your doing, and you will become what you become...and a couple of little boys will become fine young men.

P.S. Let me know when you need someone to proof the book.

--DHdN.