Thursday, March 18, 2004

My Turn...


My Lovely Bride had Bunco last night. I had Boy x2 / Daddy x1 = always makes for an interesting evening for yours truly. Last night was a bit tense at times. Boy #2 was being...the "C" word. Boy #1 wanted my undivided attention. I won't bore with those trials. The funny thing was Boy #1 asking about his Mom; Where's Mommy? Generally when his Mom does Bunco (code name: Drunco) and or Book Club (code name: Booze Club) Ethan doesn't jones for his Mommy when she is trying to get out the door. When she splits she's lucky to get a wave. After 30 minutes or so it dawns on him that Mom isn't around...and then he starts asking about her, missing her. "Where's Mommy?" I always tell him..."Mommy went to Bunco...remember?" So - we did this little Play last night:

Scene: Team Tinsley den/family room. Dad is sitting on the Sofa trying to settle the youngest son down, while Boy #1 plays with his trucks on the coffee table in front of Dad and little Brother.

Boy 1: Where's Mommy.
Dad: Mommy went to Bunco.
Boy 1: Bunco?
Dad: Bunco.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: Mommy...Where's Mommy?
Dad: Bunco.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: Where's Mommy?
Dad: Bunco.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: Me go Bunco.
Dad: Bunco is for girls...Mommy is with her girlfriends.
Boy 1. Me go Bunco.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: Bunco. My turn.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: My turn. My turn Please. Please. My turn.
Boy 2: CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY...
Boy 1: Bunco. My turn. My turn Please. Please. My turn.

At this point I go to the liquor cabinent and drink half a bottle of gin...

Kidding. Kidding. Actually, another sign that I am in fact old - yesterday, St. Pat's day - I didn't drink a drop of my beloved Beer. I was stone cold sober for the above.

Until I blog again....

No comments: