Tuesday, March 23, 2004

You Might Be A Second Child If...

This past Monday Monday in the AM at Casa Tinsley (that be yesterday)...things were not going smoothly. We had arrived home later than expected from our Houston Town Trip, so we were all a bit tired, and having a hard time getting into the week. A list of things that happened before 7:30am.

+ Dog Dog had a massive puke (I'm talking an entire roll of Brawny, the quicker picker upper.) + Ethan shit on the sofa (thankfully not enough to warrant another poop themed blog.) + Wyatt urinated so much that his diaper exploded and he peed all over himself and his crib.

I was trying to get ready for work, Ethan wanted to 'color', Wyatt was sleeping (in the urine,) and Carter was trying to keep it all together. Directing the traffic of our life. As we passed each other in the hall, or maybe it was in Wyatt's room when I was saying bye to him before going to work...Carter looked at me, and asked: "Do you think I should wake him (him being Wyatt) to change his diaper, clothes, and sheets?"

Remember that goofy comedian Jeff Foxworthy? Famous for the: You Might Be A Redneck if...??? When Carter asked me if we should wake up Wyatt I thought of Jeff Foxworthy. Strange thought. No. Synchronous actually. Jung would be so proud, because that very weekend we had discussed the 2nd child deal in Houston Town. How they get all the hand me downs, you aren't as uptight and or nervous with them...not as much graft (read: gifts) to them as the first born, etc. On one hand it is cool, because you (or at least we) are so much more cool with them. You can enjoy it in a more laid back, relaxed way. But on the flip side...we'll let me tie this together...back to my Jeff Foxworthy point...

You might be a second child if your parents don't immediately wake you up to get you out of a pool of your own urine. (Insert laugh track.)

Until I BLOG again...

No comments: