Monday, January 17, 2005

I Rise, I Fall

Today, Ethan Gentry Tinsley is 3 years old. Hard to believe in more ways than one. Before E, we weren't sure we'd be able to become breeders. But, after an early pregnancy scare, and a cautious first trimester, Carter had an uneventful pregnancy. Her due date was set for January 17, 2002. My Lovely Bride was in labor most of Wednesday, January 16, at work, teaching her class at Dover Elementary. I got the call, in the afternoon, that she was in early labor. I dusted my behind home, and well we waited. Carter had a HUGE fear that she would go to the hospital only to be sent home - that it wouldn't be time. It being our first child, we were green, and didn't know what to expect. So, we sat around the house, looking at each other for awhile, and then decided to do a lap around the block to see if we could speed things up - as well as take Sophie (a.k.a. Dog Dog) on her nightly walk.

I'll never forget, walking down Westwood and up Ridgedale, as the sun was setting. It is a walk that we still, often take, but now we're four strong, and back on this cool Wednesday evening, it was just the two of us, and our old dog. It took us a long time, as you can well imagine, with Carter being in labor. When we got back to the house, I cooked up a frozen Digorno Pizza, and reread the instruction manual for the true signs of labor.

By 8pm, we decided it was time to go to the hospital. A long night of labor followed, and on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 7:23am Ethan Gentry Tinsley forever changed our lives. He made us Team Tinsley. He also, I firmly believe, cleared the way for Wy. As I said a few weeks back, on Wyatt's Birthday, Ethan and Wyatt are without a doubt, the best thing that has ever happened to me. We are truly, doubly blessed.

Until I BLOG again...Happy Birthday Bub, Dad loves you.

No comments: