Saturday, November 01, 2008

All you zombies

Weeks ago Wyatt saw a zombie costume in a Halloween catalog and asked if he could get it. The costume was pretty expensive and included a mask. Masks suck, especially in Texas. It usually is warm and the mask makes the trick or treater hot. Then there is the issue of visibility. The trick or treater can't see, it is dark, they trip, and fall, spill all their candy. Then you have to try and find said candy in the dark. Or worse, if you are trick or treating in a busy area, all the other trick or treaters descend on the fallen candy like locusts. Or piranhas.

That is why we told the Boy no.

He was not pleased.

"Dude," I said. "I can totally make you a zombie outfit."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes, really. It will be way better than that one." I said.

"Cool."

So that is what I did. I made Wy a zombie outfit. I wanted him to wear it to his dayschool Halloween thing, but My Lovely Bride said No. That it would scare the little kids. Wy agreed.

He'd be Obi Wan by day.
IMG_1033.JPG

A zombie by night.
IMG_1048.JPG

As you can see My Lovely Bride was probably right. All the little kids parading around in their cute Halloween costumes. Star Wars. Superheros. Princesses.

Picture The Little Warrior as a Zombie in that mix. Staggering around (his Zombie walk.) Asking for brains.

It would have been awesome.

And if the Boy wasn't asked to leave or been expelled from the dayschool/church, his Night of the Living Wy outfit would have certainly scared some of the little kids.

Until I BLOG again...You don't have to hide anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the zombie costume. Hurray for scary Halloween costumes! Wasn't that the original point?

The whole zombie thing got me thinking about "Thrill the World." Did you hear about this? Almost 2000 people acrss the globe performed the "Thriller" dance all at the same time. Something like 880 of them where in Austin, which now holds the world record. I think a bunch of us Life Searchers should head down there for the next one! You can watch the video here.