Sunday, December 06, 2009

I wonder

Another recap post, 2007 style (Click hard for the 2004 recap & 2005 recap & 2006 recap.)

The only way to explain 2007 is to lift some words someone wrote about me on their blog: "...and had my heart break as I read about the death of his mother and the waves of aftershocks he continues to feel."

Indeed.

2007

Save you from yourself
January 16, 2007
A 'kids eat free' rant morphs into a somber tale of how the Elder Boy thinks too hard. Wonder who he gets that from?

And liberty she pirouette
February 15, 2007
The story of how an un-wanted rescue dog named, Gretchen, became Ruby the Dog. Unexpected twist at the end as I realize, probably for the first time since I'm a dipshit, the true ramifications regarding the finality of death.

I have no more than I did before
March 20, 2007
Another wheels off Mr. Mom visit to Oklahoma resulting in the Younger Boy choking in law room conference room. Crazy. Funny. And a little sad. To this day if you offer the Younger Boy a Life Saver, he'll ask if it is spicy and then recount this story.

Time knows your done
April 05, 2007
This entry about my Mom telling me her cancer was terminal is painful for me to read. Even the one about watching her die doesn't hurt as much. I think it is because I have regret. On this, I'd like a do over please. If only.

Shambala
May 04, 2007
Mr. Mom trip = wheels off moment(s) followed by more post-Mom-death funk.

It's just a moment - Part 1 and Part 2
July 17, 2007 & September 19, 2007
A two-parter! Has the great opening quote from my Lovely Bride: "Wow. It looks like we actually had a good time." I also curse the Teenage Ninja Turtles in a rainy parking lot, frightening a fellow vacationer.

Walk On
October 05, 2007
The story behind my necklace. It is wonderfully trippy and synchronistic and hard to believe (even for me) that I didn't embellish it for dramatic effect.

The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite
October 24, 2007
Classic Team Tinsley story about me reading to E's kindergarten class and his fear of my material.

Splish Splash
November 12, 2007
This post is timely (Wy just lost his first tooth on December 4, 2009.) We had been teasing him all week about letting E have the honors based on this very anti-Ozzie and Harriet moment.

This is what I do
December 07, 2007
This is a companion entry to the The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite, and proof that My Lovely Bride deserves danger pay for putting up with my goofy ass.

Until I BLOG again...I keep on hoping for a new day, will I ever feel the same?

No comments: