Monday, August 23, 2004

Change

Warning. The following BLOG entry is in the gross category.

Reading books with Ethan the other night. I farted. It stunk. Bad. After a few moments, Ethan looked a me, and said.

"Daddy did you poo poo?"

I laughed. Hard. At myself, a 37 year old man, busted by his 2 1/2 year old son. Ethan just watched me with a curious look on his face as I thought about trying to cover my tracks. Make a joke. I could blame it on the dog, but we lost Dog Dog in May, so that wouldnt be funny. In the end, I decide honesty was the best policy.

"No, Daddy let a fart."

He considered this a few seconds and then made a decision.

"Daddy, change clothes. Daddy, change clothes please."

I tried to explain to him that the fart's noxious odor would soon dissipate. That I had not crapped in my pants. Everything was A-OK down there, a bit smelly, but that soon would pass. He wasn't convinced, and he gave me this stern look of disapproval and informed me.

"Daddy, change clothes. Now. Daddy, change clothes now please."

It was his room. His story time. My faux pas. So, that Dear Readers is just what I did. I went to my room and changed.

Funny, this gross, and goofy little story is evident of how Boy #1 is growing up - turning corners - changing before our very eyes - hard to explain. So, I'll leave it at that.

Until I BLOG again...Excuse me.

No comments: