Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I shouldn't bring up what I can't put down

You ever get that not so fresh feeling? That's how I feel. My last BLOG, the mellifluous (ka-ching - using that college education with that fifty cent word) I need to remember this..., wasn't 100% honest. I held back some info that was on my mind at the time. I had my reasons dear reader, if you must know - I didn't want my neurotic ramblings to effect what I hoped would be a sweet natured BLOG. As I've written before, the ultimate goal of this here BLOG is a record of sorts, for posterity. Thus, I surmised, neurotic thoughts must be kept to myself. In hindsight, I think it best to just be honest. The BLOG is supposed to be a slice of life - what I was thinking, or what we were doing on such and such date. A diary of sorts for the Boy(s) in the Buck Rogers future. So, holding back is against the spirit of this whole endeavor.

Can you dig it?

So, on Friday the 13th none the less (although posted later because of my wild ass work load), I can tell (in your best Paul Harvey voice please) the rest of the story.

The reason I felt that Ethan's comment about the hair and that his look was so peculiar is because it was apropos to what was on my mind. Hell, I might have been thinking (obsessing is more like it) about it when I was reading to him that very night?

I'm losing my hair.

I'm convinced that I'm starting to lose it. Up front. Thinning. Falling out. Strange, I've never had hair fall out before. I remember back in the day, living with guy room mates, being amazed at the amount of hair they would shed in the bathroom sink, bathtub, and comb. Then, domestic bliss with my Lovely Bride who also has a stray hair floating around from time to time. Perfectly natural for most I guess - but for me, my hair stayed put.

Then, about a month or so ago, I noticed that my hair was looking a bit 'thin' in front. It was growing out, hadn't been long in a long time. I thought, maybe, I forgot how it looked. Then, as usual, a pop culture fragment came bubbling up for me on the subject. Seinfeld. You remember the one where Elaine dates the cat who is bald. He was bald by choice - because he swam, so he just shaved his head. Elaine gets him to grow his hair back and when he does, well, he discovers he is balding. I thought of this, but shook it off...but then I started shedding. Not in clumps, but enough to notice. Now, anytime I run my hands through my hair, its like I'm molting. Part of me wonders if my obsession isn't playing a part in it. Mind over matter. You know. To give you a glimpse into my goofy ass world, I've been concerned enough about it to look up 'hair loss' on webmd.com. Seems there aren't any freakish diseases that can be causing it. Probably just normal male patterned - your getting old - hair loss.

Yes, I'm well aware I'm freak. Anyone that would dedicate this much time to BLOG about their possibly hair loss is a bit out of whack. If you saw my head of hair, it would only corroborate my freak status in your mind. By most standards I have a pretty thick head of hair compared to other 37 year old men.

There you have it - the rest of the story. Pretty silly. Indeed.

Until I BLOG again...Rogaine.

No comments: