Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Incredible(s)

The Elder Boy is 34 months today. I only know that because I got an automated email reminder from some baby/parenting website that has me on an email list. I try to be a good Dad, but I'm not such a great one that I always remember the day of's- I miss quite a few actually. So, don't get thinking I'm super Dad with some gargantuan advent calendar dedicated to the Boy(s) Bday(s). I do however, pay careful attention to certain things that I consider milestones on the safari of life. In fact, Team Tinsley has had two of note in recent days. Dig this.

The Little Warrior is walking. This very morning, he walked from our recliner in the Den all the way into the kitchen to get into the dish washer that his Mom was unloading (she wasn't pleased by the way.) So, the Little Warrior is ambulatory right at the 10.5 month mark (which happen to be the same time that Ethan started walking.) He reminds us of Clyde from Every Which Way But Loose (and, Any Which Way You Can) fame. His gait that is. He'll be 11 months a week from this Sunday. About to graduate from being a baby, to a toddler. Amazing that this little Guy was mashing down on his Mom's bladder (from the inside) a year ago this time. Incredible. (danger - heavy handed segue - danger) Speaking of incredible...

On Monday (I took the day off for those keeping score at home) I took Ethan to see The Incredibles. It was our first movie. My Lovely Bride had attempted to take him to see Shrek 2 this Summer, but it didn't work out for reasons I won're bore you with here. End result, they didn't make it through much. So, for all intents and purposes, and certainly for yours truly, this was his first movie at the movie theatre.

I was unsure on how he would do in a theatre, with me, etc. The movie is longer than most Pixar fare. Clocking in at 2 hours. Add 10 trailers to that, and, well, it is a long time to ask a 34 month old Boy to sit still, and be relatively quiet. Loaded up with nearly $15 dollars worth of Popcorn, Pop, and Candy, we hunkered down, and I'm proud to say, watched the entire thing. Ethan was exceptionally good for his age, as was the movie. I had a hard time watching it though, I was to stuck in the moment with my Elder Boy. Amazed actually, that in a blink of an eye (to me at least) he went from being this little guy, to this big kid sitting by me in a dark movie theatre. It was, if you'll pardon the pun, incredible. At a few points in the movie, when the Incredibles step up for their team, my eyes welled up with tears. I'm not sure if the movie is that emotional, or if it was more my being a sentimental Dad - Hell, it could very well have been sugar overload from the 40 ounces of coke, and a shitload of M&Ms, not to mention the fat laden popcorn. But, the point, it was a great experience. One that I always will remember. Add Wyatt walking into the mix, and, well, my cup runneth over. La dolce vita.

Until I BLOG again...Gobble Gobble.

No comments: