Friday, April 30, 2004

You can't catch me 'cause the rabbit gone died'

Another anniversary for Team Tinsley. Rest easy, a rabbit' didn't die in the literal sense. I'm talking bun in the oven.

We've never owned a rabbit. We babysat one back when Carter was teaching at Dover. Floppy?!? Dog Dog fell in love with him. I didnt' care for him that much. He was kind of nuts, and shit everywhere. He later attacked Carter (living up to the crazy as a march hare expression) in some sicko sex crazed bunny fit. But, as usual, I digress.

To the point.

One year ago, to the day, we found out that Carter was pregnant with the fetus that would become the Little Warrior. It came as a surprise. For those who've read Beat It you know that we were fertility challenged the first time around. Took us a very long time to have Boy #1. We had to get help in the medical sense. Based on that, we were under the impression that propagating would still be a struggle. Our plan (if you haven't figured it out by now, we're pretty uptight, us Tinsleys), was to start 'trying' in April and throughout the Summer and if nothing happened by September, go see Doctor Cohen (Female Fertility Doc in Dallas, if you are having fertility issues - go see this man - he is good.)

As I often say, Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

The rabbit died pretty much the first try. Cart didn't really know she was pregnant for sometime, because, who would have thought it would be so easy??? After two or three Pregnancy Tests, she realized, it was probably really positive.

Thus, I came home one year ago, and on the dining room table, in my 'spot' was the EPT test, showing positive.

My first thought, "Hey, don't you pee on that stick? This is where I eat!" (insert laugh track.) Seriously, I didn't believe it. Made her show me the other two tests, and then we had to go buy (EPT got a lot of our $cratch) more tests and do it again. All positive. Doctor later confirmed that she was pregnant and the due date was January 4, 2004 (Wyatt arrived on December 28, 2003.)

That's the reason we have two beautiful Boy(s) who are less than two years apart. We're not crazy. Or gluttons for punishment. We're two lucky planners - kept on their feet by the craziness that is life.

Until I BLOG again...Boo.

No comments: