Monday, July 26, 2004

Da da da

Yesterday was my birthday. 37 for those keeping score at home. Hard for me to believe that I'm 37...but I won't bore you with my thoughts on that. Not today. No sir.

Yesterday, damn near at my official 37 BDay mark (I was born at 6:01pm) The Little Warrior gave me a cool present...he babbled for the very first time. He's been doing the coo, screech, scream thing for months, but yesterday was the first time he's ever babbled (ba ba ba ba and da da da sounds.). He hasn't even tried before. Out of nowhere he starts busting out the da da da sound. Sounded like that old song by Trio - the one in that Volkswagen commercial a few years back - if you dig that reference.

It was a weekend of firsts for the Younger Boy - two of which fell on my Birthday. The before mentioned babbling, and the first time in a high chair in a restaurant (for my BDay dinner - for posterity, Manuel's Mexican Restaurant in Humble, Texas.) He also had his first trip to the Beach the day before my BDay. A weekend of firsts, which made a great weekend (spent in Houston Town with Team Tinsley - and visiting my Mom and Pop) even better.

Until I BLOG again...What you will and what you won't!

No comments: