Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other word would smell as sweet."

Boy #1 has trouble with the "T" sound. Considering his name is Ethan Tinsley, I hope he can get a handle on this problem. Actually, it is certain "T" sounds. He can say Trucks all day long, but can't say Autumn (the Boy(s) number one gal pal), he pronounces her name: Auburn. I think the infernal PLUG (read: pacifier) is the cause of his problems with the sharp "T" sound. The wife is the expert here, Education degree and all - I won't go into that side of this story. I'm actually wanting to BLOG about what my Shakespearian title refers: names.

I asked my lovely Bride what Autumn thinks about being called Auburn by Ethan - does she notice? Not at all, in fact, per my Bride, Autumn calls Wyatt, Quiet (actually Baby Quiet - talk about oxymorons!) Ethan can say Wyatt, but mainly calls him Baby. Last night, I was on dos ninos duty - while Carter went to exercise. We're sitting in the recliner. Watching Sinbad on cable. Ethan is sitting next to me - we're side by side, Wyatt is on my lap. Ethan, out of nowhere says:

"Baby poo poo on my head."

My first thought, Did I miss a memo? Surely Carter would have told me if Wyatt had shit on Ethan's head. Hell, we'd probably be sending out a few snap shots on Shutterfly for all to witness. After a few seconds, it dawned on me, that Ethan was using poo poo as a catch all for excrement. As I've BLOGGED before, he calls urine, poo poo, and in this instance, he was calling vomit, poo poo. Wyatt pukes often. Ethan never spit up as a baby, Wyatt does daily. Just something he does. We're pretty used to it by this point. Usually have a towel on the ready. In this instance, Ethan was sitting next to his Mom and Wyatt after the Younger Boy had eaten. They were all playing in the recliner (we all like the recliner if you can't tell - its pole position in our casa.) Ethan likes for Wyatt to be on his head, grabbing his hair. Wyatt likes it too. They were doing this and Wyatt puked. Gravity being what it is, Ethan's head was below - and - "baby poo poo on my (Ethan's) head."

So, back to now, or then. Sitting with Ethan...watching Sinbad...out of nowhere.
Ethan: "Baby poo poo on my head."
short pause as the above ran thru my head...
Me: "At least it wasn't the chair."

Until I BLOG again... Don't puke.

No comments: